Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Reenzo 3 posts 43 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 18:17
    Daniel Reenzo

Umbraco unmanaged objects

Hi all,

I'd like to know if it is possible to have Umbraco unmanaged tables similar to what exists in Django. For those not familiar with Django, it is simply a means to allow using django's admin interface to change the Pocos in the Database but without having Django manage the lifecycle of the table (i.e. the creation of the schema in the database; auto-migrations on POCO changes to match the database table structure)

I'm asking this because I'm working in a mobile app, and I've created the API with Nancy. I know I can integrate Nancy with Umbraco, but my issue is that I'll have some users within my organization which will need to manage customers data (change details; enable/disable). I wish I could leverage Umbraco's admin interface and authentication mechanism instead of creating custom ones.

Thanks and Regards,

Dareenzo

• Steven Harland 78 posts 518 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 14:06
    Steven Harland

Sounds like you're after something like DEWD but it's not clear if/when it will be released for Umbraco 7.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 16:02
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Daniel

It's entirely possible to write a separate application on top of Umbraco, as it's all ASP.net right?

As Umbraco uses a lot of additional framework extensions, I would recommend you use PetaPoco to manage your custom tables. Umbraco generally will leave alone any new tables you declare inside the Umbraco DB schema.

Then it's a "simple" case of extending the back office to read/write to your tables and create provide a UI. I would recommend you dive straight in with AngularJS, but the back office still supports legacy user controls (for now) if you prefer.

Dig through the documentation on extending the backoffice.

Kind regards

Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft