Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Angie Winterbottom 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 14:19
    Angie Winterbottom

Developer tab access permissions

Hello!

I have inherited an Umbraco 6 site where - if you log in as an Administrator, the developer tab is missing.

I suppose the previous developers did not trust users to have access to that tab.

When you go to the "Users" tab, under a user's permissions, the sections "Content", "Media", "Settings", "Users", "Members" are present, but the Developer tab is missing.

You can go directly to :

https://[website]/umbraco/umbraco.aspx#developer

and there are tabs available on the right-hand pane, but the left-hand pane is blank.

It is attempting to access:

/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData

but it's returning a 500 internal server error:

{"Message":"The user does not have access to the required application","StackTrace":" at Umbraco.Web.WebServices.UmbracoAuthorizedWebService.AuthorizeRequest(String app, Boolean throwExceptions)\r\n at umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeClientService.GetInitAppTreeData(String app, String treeType, Boolean showContextMenu, Boolean isDialog, TreeDialogModes dialogMode, String functionToCall, String nodeKey)","ExceptionType":"umbraco.businesslogic.Exceptions.UserAuthorizationException"}

So I believe the permission to use the Developer tab has been removed from the Administrator role.

How can I begin to restore access to the Developer tab?

Alternatively, is there any way to add custom data types when I have full access to the codebase and database but without access in the admin area to that section?

• Angie Winterbottom 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 15:24
    Angie Winterbottom

Ah, found it -

1) Needed to find my user id in the umbracoUser table

2) Ran some SQL, using the User ID I found:

INSERT INTO [dbo].[umbracoUser2app] values ({user-id}, 'developer')

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft