Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jukka-Pekka Keisala 90 posts 226 karma points
    Jan 26, 2010 @ 20:22
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

TinyMCE Spellchecker can I extend it with my own dictionary?

I have understood that it uses Google Spellchecker but Is it possible to add/extend with words from the local dictionary?

• atze187 160 posts 215 karma points
    Sep 30, 2010 @ 12:27
    atze187

To make it short: Umbraco Spellchecker interface (which the GoogleSpellChecker plugin in Umbraco's TinyMCE is built upon) does only support checking for correct spelling and retrieving the suggestions from google.

Due to the problems with non-standard latin characters I just finished to integrate a custom spellchecker (my own WCF service based on the Hunspell-based NHunspell library I found on sourceforge.net) with the Umbraco TinyMCE. Beyond the question if google lets you update their dictionaries, the umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.SpellChecker class does not support this feature by default. You would have to extend the TinyMCE plugin yourself.

I hope I will manage to create a package by next week (as I never have published something under a open source license, I'll have to get into this in order to not violate the license used by NHunspell), then you will be able to check your text against any language that has aff/dic files compatible with OpenOffice 2.x. Then the next step would be to support extending dictionaries (the NHunspell library basically supports this, but I have not tried this yet) either using the editor itself or a custom tree in the Umbraco admin UI.

atze

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft