Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik Ernst 70 posts 90 karma points
    Jan 27, 2010 @ 12:40
    Erik Ernst

Recruiting solution for Umbraco?

I'm in the process of extending my business into handling recruiting. And since my current website is created using Umbraco then I would love anyone already had a recruiting solution integrated in their Umbraco website.

What I'm looking for is a solution that will allow both clients (employers) to register a profile and post job offers as well as allowing the candidates to register their profile including their skills etc. Additionally there should be features for seach a job or search a candidate.

If you know of a possible solution or just know a website using Umbraco who is doing just that, then I'll love to hear from you.

Rgds,
    Erik Ernst

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2010 @ 13:04
    Dirk De Grave

I haven't heard of such a solution, but it wouldn't be too difficult to build such one. Keywords here are membership (for clients/employers) for registration process, search utilities (lots of them already available in the project section, one may be a better fit than the other). It's probably not much of development work...

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2010 @ 13:23
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Erik,

We developed a site for a client last year called Freelance Supermarket (powered by Umbraco). It does all the profiles for freelancers, agents, agencies, etc.  Includes a jobs section and member search, etc.

http://www.freelancesupermarket.com/hot-jobs.aspx

We decided to not put the jobs in Umbraco, and separate them out into their own database tables - for scalability reasons.

It was a big project for us, took nearly a year to develop - with lots of bespoke code ... so if you're going to ask if it's a package, sorry - it isn't.

Feel free to drop me an email if you want to talk further: http://bodenko.com/

Cheers, Lee.

Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:07
    Erik Ernst

Hi Lee,

This looks very interesting, it sure got what we are looking for, and more on the top. I do not fancy the design of the site too much (too crowded for my taste - but that's just me). Understand that you're not making the full project available as a package, but maybe we can find out something else?

I've just sent you a mail.

Nov 12, 2014 @ 07:56
    Erik Ernst

I posted this question almost 4 years ago. In the meantime I've been away from the "Umbraco world" (flrting with other systems). But now when it looks like Umbraco is going to get a full-featured modern-design discussion board (Dialogue), then I would like find out if something has changed in this regard also.

So to repeat my question: "What I'm looking for is a solution that will allow both clients (employers) to register a profile and post job offers as well as allowing the candidates to register their profile including their skills etc. Additionally there should be features for seach a job or search a candidate."

So basically a job board package, allowing "non-admins" to post jobs. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft