Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• marthin 87 posts 106 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 09:48
    marthin

Only show some templates

Hi all,

I'v got a question, when you create a new page and you select your template from the dropdown list, is it possible to only show some select templats? Is there an event that i can hook into like beforeLoad of template list or something? i need to do this so that i can do some magic and only let different users see different templates.

Best Regards

Marthin

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 12:21
    Seth Niemuth

Maybe it makes more sense to create different document types and then allow certain templates from there. You set which allowed templates on a document type in 'Settings' < 'Document Type'.

Feb 02, 2010 @ 13:22
    marthin

But wouldnt that mean that anyone loged in still would be able to use all different kinds of templates? You see, i have might have different customers that can need custom templates that only they should have access to.

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 14:25
    Seth Niemuth

You can restrict the templates that a user can use based on the document type (Every page/node in content is created with an associated document type, otherwise it can not exist). Go to 'Settings' < 'Document Types'. Then, select a document type and on the first tab, 'Info', you have allowed templates for that document type and then on the second tab ('Structure') you set the allowed children of that certain document type. So, then you can only allow a customer for a certain document type under whatever start node you have given them and then they will only be able to use certain templates because of the document type they are using.

Feb 02, 2010 @ 14:50
    marthin

Ahh!! Wow now i get it! Thank you so much!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft