Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Aug 19, 2015 @ 11:07
    Bex

local copy redirecting to /install/default.aspx. Backend logging out.

Hi

I have an umbraco 4.5.2 site and I copied it locally from our live server so I could do some work on it. At first it worked fine but then I added a reference to a custom project so I could debug (this project's dll was already included in the live site) and now every time I try and run it I get it redirecting to this page:

/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/

but it displays with a 404.

I can log into the umbraco backend, but within about 10 seconds it pops up the box asking me to renew my login, so I am unable to do anything in there.

I thought I must have edited something so I re-downloaded the site and db and re-added the reference and it's still doing it.

What else can I check? I've been at this far too long now and dont know what to do! :(

Thanks

Bex

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2015 @ 15:53
    Mark Bowser

Have you checked in the umbraco logs (likely at App_Data/Logs/umbracoTraceLog.txt)? Is there anything of note in there?

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Aug 19, 2015 @ 15:55
    Bex

After much much testing I found some #person# (grrrr) had upgraded the live site umbraco but had not upgraded the dlls referenced in the custom project in svn! So now they all match it works lovely. phew!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft