Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jerode 44 posts 159 karma points
    Sep 03, 2015 @ 12:41
    Jerode

Token Replacements for Rich Text Editor

My appreciation for taking the time to take a look at this.

I would like to extend the Rich Text Editor (RTE) in the Umbraco back office to be able to insert tokens from a drop down list possibly with the noneditable content set.

How this would be used is as follows:

When content is entered in the RTE there are certain values that are generated dynamically are populated by the presentation layer. For example, [[Phone]] is pulled from the presentation layer based on the context of the user similar to how localization might work. You may get a different phone number than I would.

I envision the user would be typing text and then need to use one of these defined tokens and select it from a drop down list in the toolbar and select the item needed (similar to the format drop down). This item would be inserted into the editor as a placeholder inside of the text and would be replaced by the user of the content on rendering.

I saw that there is a Shortcodes package which does not fullfill any of my requirements.

Currently, this is done manually by providing the user with a list of the tokens and they manually type them. Do you see where this could cause problems? Numerous misspellings, case sensitivity and other general errors.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft