Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig 34 posts 270 karma points
    Oct 14, 2015 @ 12:36
    Craig

Wordpress-style More Tag

I'm working on moving a website for a client that currently uses Wordpress and another CMS to manage their site.

I'm working on the transfer of the Wordpress blog pages just now and would like to know if anyone has successfully replicated the "More" tag that Wordpress has?

I've looked at truncating the Grid Text but that won't work as it will likely screw up the HTML. I've looked at using text-overflow CSS but I can see issues with that, and I've considered creating a summary field against my blog content type but I'd rather not have my client duplicate data if I don't need to, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing I've considered is extending the RTE to include a button that writes out and then handling that via a bespoke RenderGridHtml partial but having never done this before I'm not too sure where to start.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 27, 2015 @ 09:56
    Craig

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Oct 28, 2015 @ 14:34
    Craig

Okay so I think what I'll do is use Umbraco.StripHtml from the UmbracoHelper class to strip out all the HTML then do a 100 substring or something along those lines.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft