Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ethan Wise 15 posts 85 karma points
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 11:42
    Ethan Wise

scaling content of an iframe

Hi,

i have posted a lot recently about iframes and i apologise for this, but i am fairly new to umbraco and just getting used to things.

I have set up an XSLT to set up an iframe macro, and then inputted this into my template

I am now looking to find a way to scale the content, which is a webpage, so that it fits within the frame.

I basically want the webpage to zoom out a bit so the whole page can be seen in the frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciate

Thanks,

Ethan

• Per Olsson 47 posts 307 karma points
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 12:43
    Per Olsson

Hi Ethan,

While I would recommend you not use iframes unless you really have to, you could use a Javascript library like squeezeFrame to make the iframes content fit on your webpages container.

It uses the unofficial CSS property "zoom" so I guess you could do it manually too without a library. The property "transform: scale()" would be a more modern way of doing it.

• Ethan Wise 15 posts 85 karma points
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 13:13
    Ethan Wise

Hi Per,

I spent a lot of time looking for a way to embed a webpage in my website and after lots of searching found iframes to be the only way to do this with umbraco. And it has caused me lots of greif but i am very nearly there!

The squeezeframe looks like it would do the job i am after.

I'm sorry to be annoying but i am very new to this, how do i implement the squeezeframe into my site and into the iframe?

I have attemped making a new script .js file but then not sure how to implement this into my iframe embedded content

thanks,

Ethan

• Alan Sawyer 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 13:34
    Alan Sawyer

Ethan, Did you get Squeezeframe to work for you?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft