Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Dec 08, 2015 @ 19:18
    MartinB

Search is extremely slow on live

Hi guys.

Our site hcfarver.dk suffers from some extreme timeout issues that we do not see in the localhost setup and in the development version of our site (put "udv." in front of the domain above to see it).

For example, search for "zircon" in both sites and see the difference.

Our current developer has not been able to find the issue, as everything is working on local and dev site. Further more we are on a shared webspace, so we can't profile the SQL.

We use examine to perform the search and the app-pool is restarted each night at 05.00 am.

Dev and live currently run against the same db, which puzzles me even more why one site is searching way faster than the other. Both sites are hosted at the same provider and on the same server (and webspace).

The host provider say that they see no unusual usage of ram and cpu during the day.

Has anyone run into a similar situation and if so have any pointers that we could look into?

I know the information is rather sparse, but i hoped some of you have been in this situation before.

Best regards and thanks in advance

/Martin

Dec 08, 2015 @ 19:47
    MartinB

I should add that i've tried to rebuild the indexes multiple times, without any change in search performance.

Dec 21, 2015 @ 16:00
    MartinB

Reason found.

• Ado 8 posts 77 karma points
    Dec 27, 2015 @ 01:47
    Ado

And it was ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft