Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Blackmore 84 posts 127 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 16:50
    Andrew Blackmore

blog4Umbraco dashboard with multiple blogs

Hello,

This started as what I thought was a simple question in the UI forum.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/7464-Dashboard-doesn%27t-show-except-for-admin

blog4Umbraco has a pretty nice dashboard setup that makes things idiot proof for my editors. They can log in and there is a create post screen in front of them and they can click over one tab and moderate their comments...I thought.

this functionality works perfectly if the user is an admin, they have access to the root node, AND there is only one blog. Because this control posts automatically to the first blog that was created, there is no way to specify which blog to post to and additionally those without root note access can't even get the create post control to show up (it gives a permissions error).

I'm not even sure how to start working on this issue. I know that the ideal solution would be to have the control check for blogs within the user's starting node and allow posting to them through a content-selector (some editors post to multiple blogs). This all being said again I'm not sure even what files to start looking at.

Any help, ideas, similar issues are welcome.

thanks in advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft