Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nilkamal 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 26, 2016 @ 05:29
    Nilkamal

How to pull news from external source and display into umbraco page?

I am new to umbraco world. I want to know is there a way to pull external news from multiple source and display into umbraco. External source can be like bbc news. As i am new to umbraco, please guide me.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Feb 28, 2016 @ 03:51
    Dallas

Hi Nilkamal

Take a look at the uMirror package especially if your source is a xml feed (though it can be made to work with any source through an xml proxy).

uMirror will create documents locally from the external source. You map the feed elements to the umbraco Document Type properties. Once configured it can be scheduled to update the content locally from the feed. All this is managed through the UI. If you need to use the proxy then there would be some coding required.

We had good success using it to update the content on a site from an xml feed. It just runs and we have never had an issue.

Dallas

• Nilkamal 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 08:59
    Nilkamal

Thanks for your reply. Can you please write instruction on how to use uMirror package.

Thanks.

Mar 07, 2016 @ 05:24
    Dallas

Hi Nilkamal

This blog post from the uMirror team has some details about using uMirror (note that there is no Part 2) and there is some documentation on the uMirror package page.

There is also a uHangout video with the team.

These resources should be a good place to start.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Feb 29, 2016 @ 08:00
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

CMSImport can help you with that. Free version already allows you to import xml and you can map the properties to your document types.

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/cmsimport/

Hope this helps,

Richard

Feb 29, 2016 @ 17:37
    Dallas

CMS Import is also good though we haven't used it for xml. We use CMS Import for importing a csv file daily (using the scheduling feature) and it also just works.

Dallas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft