Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• M T 35 posts 212 karma points
    Mar 04, 2016 @ 14:16
    M T

Examine internal Indexing doesn't work with Multi-tenancy.

Hi Guys,

So I'm having a lot of issues developing a multi-tenant site for umbraco, this mainly comes down to the fact that although Umbraco supports multi-tenancy the architecture isn't quite there yet. But I'm getting there. My latest issue is with Examine and indexing. When you search something internally results are returned for the entire installation, and i cant see how to limit the search to just the current tenant.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i could do this, or is there a better plugin out there?

Many Thanks, M

• Brandon Osborne 38 posts 161 karma points c-trib
    Mar 05, 2016 @ 13:03
    Brandon Osborne

Hello There, MT,

I'm doing exactly this right now with a multi-tenant site and am not having any problem. I think it really depends much on the architecture of your sites. In my particular instance, each site was created as a separate entity that is not inheriting from a base element. I'm imagining that your content view looks a little something like this:

• Base
      • Site 1
      • Site 2
      • Site 3

Is that correct?

This becomes a little difficult to search through, although I believe even with this architecture, it could work w/ some modifications to the examine config files. I have to write an extension to the Umbraco backend right now that requires me to delve deep into search, so I'll be able to give you a lot more info in a couple of days.

Our structure is simply:

• Site 1
    • Site 2
    • Site 3

We got this working w/ examine right out of the box, by not having a root node that the others inherit from. Actually, I hate that architecture & I didn't do it, but it did provide the benefit of search results being site specific. Will write more in a few days when I have more answers.

• M T 35 posts 212 karma points
    Mar 07, 2016 @ 11:18
    M T

Thanks for the reply Brandon,

I am using the same architecture as yourself, after adding more content i've realised that it is just the custom section content that I'm seeing for all tenants, I guess this is because I'm using a a custom getByTennant() call, i will look into fetching by ID.

Many Thanks, M

• kajal_sawant 10 posts 113 karma points
    Dec 28, 2018 @ 10:09
    kajal_sawant

Hello, MT

You asked about Examine internal Indexing doesn't work with Multi-tenancy. Can you please tell me how you implemented Multi-tenancy ?. Or Suggest me some logic.

Thank you,Any help will be appreciated.

• Developer 22 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 28, 2018 @ 10:12
    Developer

Hello M T,

Did you achieve Multi-Tenancy with multiple Database approach?

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Dec 28, 2018 @ 22:02
    John Bergman

Did you write your own "gatherer", I'd also be interested in knowing how you implemented multi-tennacy

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Dec 31, 2018 @ 23:57
    Jamie Attwood

You can download the ezsearch package. Each search page on your multi tenant site can use the ezsearch macro to render the search results and pass in the parent root ID to limit the search results to that particular tenant. Hope that helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft