Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik Ernst 70 posts 90 karma points
    Mar 08, 2010 @ 21:43
    Erik Ernst

Member Profiles and Umbraco

Having used Umbraco for almost a year now for my small company. Now we are going to move it to the next step, and here we need to allow members to register. I just need to mention that I'm not a ASP.NET developer. I can read the simple code and use the code for other purposes.

But having tried almost all the different Member Profile projects available in the projects department, then I'm almost giving up. Either they are too simple to be of too much help. And the two projects who looked rather promissing, have not been updated nor modified the last 6-7 months, leaving them at a state which is basically unusable.

What I've tried so far is osmembercontrols, Dascoba.Umb.Controls.ProfileEditor, ClientArea_1.0. Plus the more basic membercontrols.

But I'm really looking for a package that actually works and allows for logging in, password reminders, showing profiles (also to other members) and editing profiles.

I also have a different question. I want to extend the profiles with a updateable list of previous jobs the member has been working on. For each job it must be possible to register start and end date, company name, location and a description. Can anyone point me in the right and best direction towards how this should be done in Umbraco?

Rgds,
    Erik

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Mar 08, 2010 @ 22:11
    skiltz

Hi Erik.  I developed osMemberControls and have it working on a number of sites.  Would be willing to help you get it running if you want??

Mar 10, 2010 @ 14:59
    Erik Ernst

Hi Skiltz,

Should I do it here or by email?

Erik

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Mar 10, 2010 @ 23:31
    skiltz

either. email might be better.  try mskiltonATgmail.com

Mar 12, 2010 @ 22:03
    Erik Ernst

Thank you Matthew for your help. The issue has been solved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft