Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vineet Kothari 32 posts 53 karma points
    Apr 03, 2010 @ 22:04
    Vineet Kothari

Help to start building modules

Hi 

I am fairly new to umbraco though I have previously worked on php CMSes like joomla, drupal & so on, but this is my first .NET CMS. I wanted to make few modules such as an invitation portal or a classified ads portal or a mix of both.

I understand for that I have to build modules and plugins but I don't understand from where to start & how to begin building the module.

Can anyone guide me how to start and how to proceed with the module/package development or may be provide with the documentation to extend umbraco, I tried to find it but was unsuccessful. I know the forum & the community of umbraco is very much active and helpful so I think this would be a nice place to seek some help. 

Though any replies here will be highly appreciated but if anyone wishes to help with through email than please do so on [email protected] 

BTW is there already any modules/package available for invitation portal and classified ads portal (may be a very smaller version of criagslist) available?? 

Thanks alot :)

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Apr 04, 2010 @ 00:44
    Aaron Powell

Invest in a umbraco.tv subscription (http://umbraco.tv/), it is the best way to get into Umbraco development.

• Vineet Kothari 32 posts 53 karma points
    Apr 04, 2010 @ 01:10
    Vineet Kothari

I was thinking of doing that but I wasn't sure if they have the source for such minute detail for a newbie to start development. If anyone has taken subscription can let me know if thats a good way & I would still love if someone can provide me with his experience of development on umbraco that how to start & what are his tips I should be following as a newbie & a moderate level .NET programmer.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 05, 2010 @ 09:50
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I got a REALLY good start at Umbraco.tv, highly recommended. Besides, it's only a few dollars. Other than that, I learned a lot from Tim's blog and you might have use for some of my own blog posts, starting with this post about debugging your custom code.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft