Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias 16 posts 61 karma points
    Apr 07, 2010 @ 11:41
    Tobias

Package install problem

Hey,
    Im trying to install an own-made package but when installing I run into the following null reference exception:

At

/umbraco/developer/packages/installer.aspx?installing=businesslogic&dir=D:\Inetpub\umbraco%20(test%20package%20installations)\data\ddc1f406-98b6-42ca-b2e3-060ae1a3e536&pId=6 (Referred by: http://localhost/umbraco/developer/packages/installer.aspx): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

)

I cannot figure out what the issue is but it seems to be just before the package actions are fired since the actions are not done. However the problem does not lie in the actions since i have tried removing all actions and installing the package with the same result.

Any clues or tips would be much appreciated!

• Tobias 16 posts 61 karma points
    Apr 07, 2010 @ 12:01
    Tobias

Problem solved.

The reason for this error was that I had missed installing another package beforehand which contained a datatype that the second package needed. So my bad, and you can close/delete this topic.

One suggestion for future Umbraco versions is to have more detailed error messages for package install problems, or for the logging of the errors. Have had problems with package installs alot and the really difficult part is that the errors are so cryptic.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft