Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Colin Millar 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 02, 2010 @ 17:36
    Colin Millar

Embraco Examine RC2 - iisreset required after new content published to get correct search results

Hi Everyone,

My setup:

Searching with Examine works fine.

However, when I add a new bit of content, and publish it, the new content never appears in the search results unless I do an iisreset, after which it appears correctly. Obviously it's hardly sustainable to do an iisreset every time I add new content, and I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or knew how to solve this.

When I publish content, I can see the item I have just published appearing in the App_Data\ExamineIndexes\<InstanceName>\Queue folder, and then disappear after about 30 seconds, which I think is correct behaviour. However, the new content does not appear in searches until iisreset is done.

I'm not sure if it is related, but occasionally I can search for a term that exists only in the newly published content that I've created, and a result is returned, but the document node that it points to is incorrect.

My search usercontrol has all caching switched off, so I don't think that is part of the issue.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    May 03, 2010 @ 00:48
    Aaron Powell

Can you raise a bug with all steps to reproduce on the codeplex project page - http://examine.codeplex.com

• Colin Millar 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 03, 2010 @ 12:30
    Colin Millar

Issue raised here as requested: http://examine.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=8229 

Many thanks,

Colin

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    May 03, 2010 @ 12:52
    Aaron Powell

Cheers, I'll be looking into it tomorrow I think. It's just a lot easier for us to track when it's on codeplex ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft