Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• javier 64 posts 84 karma points
    May 03, 2010 @ 12:56
    javier

Membership user control

Hi guys,

I'm a noob with umbraco, but now i understand all umbraco structure, macros...most of umbraco file system. But i have some problems developing user control to membership management.

I have some questions that can not answer with Wiki or Books...or all documents over the OUR umbraco.

- From the standard installation, is Membership provider correctly set it on web.config?

- I need to add all membership system to umbraco. register,login,remember..etc. And like much people say it's very easy with asp.net standard controls. Is there any problem if ISS6 is on .net 2.0 but my ascx proyect is on net. 3.5? Is umbraco 4.03 under net.3.5?

- Where would you start developing the membership for your user management? I tried adding simple user wizard control, i create the macro and when i try to sign up an user:

No node exists with id '0'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '0'

My problem is that if i have a good level over vb.net, i'm starting now with asp.net. so i dont see too much problems for me developing custom controls with vb code, but all web.config, remote files, remote debug...is complete new for me.

Thank you guys

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    May 03, 2010 @ 15:38
    Dirk De Grave

Javier,

First things to check:

- Do you have a member type setup? Should at least have one under "Members" - "Member types"

- Did you adjust the web.config to reflect the name for the member type. A standard installation has "TestType" as the member type. Must change that to the name of the member type you've created in the admin backend.

Let us know if that already does the trick.

Cheers,

/Dirk

May 04, 2010 @ 06:28
    javier

Thanks Dirk, i have set one Member Type, but it's with an icon crossed by a red line (i dont know if there is a problem with it). On web.config i cant see any "TestType" my Membership provider is:

<authentication mode="Forms">
          <forms name="yourAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All" path="/" />
        </authentication>
        <authorization>
          <allow users="?" />
        </authorization>
        <!-- Membership Provider -->
        <membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Another Type" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
            <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
          </providers>
        </membership>
        <!-- added by NH to support membership providers in access layer -->
        <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="UmbracoRoleProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoRoleProvider" />
          </providers>
        </roleManager>
        <!-- Sitemap provider-->
        <siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
          </providers>
        </siteMap>
      </system.web>

It dont work because when i'm registering a new user the same error appears:

No node exists with id '0'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '0'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: No node exists with id '0']
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +830
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.MemberType..ctor(Int32 id) +52
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.MemberType.GetByAlias(String Alias) +180
       umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\providers\members\MembersMembershipProvider.cs:381
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +357
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +208
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +561
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +70
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

But something is working, because i have one Member registered on the back-end and if i try to register a new user with the same email it makes me one correct error that the "email is already in use....use another...", and when it musted to work ok with new email it makes that error "No Node exists with id '0'"

I dont know but i think that i'm near to get all working

May 06, 2010 @ 08:06
    javier

hi again...  Dirk  and who read this:

For now all my membership controls works ok except new member registration it throws the exception of my last post. I have 1 member created through back office and:

loging form

change password

login status

user info

works perfect but member registration dont work.

Where is the problem with No node exists with id '0' ???

thank you guys

May 06, 2010 @ 08:27
    javier

The problem is fixed. all works ok now.

Thanks Dirk, u had the solution. Now I understand little more the web.cofig file and aspnet membership.

• Ravi Gupta 1 post 21 karma points
    May 06, 2010 @ 11:54
    Ravi Gupta

Hi Javier,

I am also facing the same problem with membership registration. Can you please tell here that how you managed to get this problem solved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft