Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vineet Kothari 32 posts 53 karma points
    May 05, 2010 @ 01:28
    Vineet Kothari

page load and autopostback events not firing

HI Everyone

I have a set of usercontrols, with 3 pages. First page has some autopostback events, such as a calendar, an upload image button, a dropdown selection according to which an image is selected & a radio button selecting which a text box appears. Without these events the page will not let it proceed to next step or next usercontrol page
    When I tested the usercontrols in a normal aspx it works fine. I included it in umbraco & the autopostback & postback event is not firing, it loads the page again with "?" sign at the end & the selected option is not loaded. I dont know how this can be done

Please help. Thank You!

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 05, 2010 @ 06:27
    Chris Dunn

Have you tried debugging the control in visual studio while it's running in umbraco by attaching to the process?  By doing this you can set break points and step through the code to see what's being fired when.

Paul Sterling wrote a tutorial awhile back to get you started:

http://paulsterling.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!52F15258BD1B885B!379.entry

Might point you to the problem.

-Chris

May 05, 2010 @ 06:51
    Vineet Kothari

After some email conversations with Niklas Wahlberg & he pointed out that I might be having problems with missing
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
       <!-- all your content here -->
    </form>

So, there is a form tag in runway master template & when I put the macro in runway textarea it gave me error that

Control 'ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_RunwayContentPlaceHolder_CreateInvitation_2_FileUpload' of type 'FileUpload' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.

So I placed the macro in this fashion in the template:

<form runat="server">
    <umbraco:Macro Alias="CreateInvitation" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
        </form>

then it gave me this error

A page can have only one server-side Form tag.

So eventually I placed it in a template which din't had any form tag in its master so I manually put the same form tag in the textarea template

Eventually ended in this problem :(

May 05, 2010 @ 07:50
    Vineet Kothari

This issue has been solved, I apologize for this, there was a small mistake I was making in my template by adding <form id = "form1"> before macro the issue was solved.

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    May 05, 2010 @ 23:03
    Biagio Paruolo

Uhm...so you had two nested form tag ...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft