Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    May 10, 2010 @ 02:38
    Tom

External URL or Internal Node Picker

Hi i was wondering if there was a control that allowed you to select either a single content node (an internal url) or enter a single external url.

I was looking for something like Related Links but not allowing multiple links ie. it just lets you specify 1 link either internal or external.

Thanks,

Tom

• Neil Campbell 58 posts 182 karma points
    May 10, 2010 @ 03:14
    Neil Campbell

Hi Tom,
    I have not seen anything that does this. Cool idea for a control but!

Cheers,
    Neil

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    May 10, 2010 @ 03:29
    Tom

Thanks Neil,

I might just use a macro to get around it with a content picker or text box for now and populate the link based on which is populated.. but will look at making a control somewhere down the track!

• Neil Campbell 58 posts 182 karma points
    May 10, 2010 @ 03:56
    Neil Campbell

It wouldn't be too difficult to make a UserControl datatype for this using the UserControl Wrapper.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2010 @ 12:19
    Lee Kelleher

It would be nice to have a single control/data-type to handle both internal/external redirects.

For previous sites I have used 2 property fields, one with "umbracoRedirect" (content picker) and a textstring called "externalUrl" ... the "umbracoRedirect" is taken care of internally in the page request - and for the "externalUrl", I handle that manually in the XSLT:

<a>
        <xsl:attribute name="href">
            <xsl:choose>
                <xsl:when test="string-length($currentPage/data[@alias='externalUrl']) &gt; 0">
                    <xsl:value-of select="$currentPage/data[@alias='externalUrl']" />
                </xsl:when>
                <xsl:otherwise>
                    <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:NiceUrl($currentPage/@id)" />
                </xsl:otherwise>
            </xsl:choose>
        </xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:value-of select="$currentPage/@nodeName" />
    </a>

If there was a single control/data-type property, then it would be a simple case of checking if the value was numeric (i.e. nodeId) or a string, and that it started with "http" (or whatever... "mailto", "ftp", "callto", etc???)

Cheers, Lee.

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 16:11
    mfeola

I have been looking into how to use the rich text editor linker to do this... so far no luck :-\

Oct 29, 2010 @ 16:24
    Lee Kelleher

The next version of uComponents (v2.0) will have a data-type called Url Picker that enables you to select an internal content node or an external URL!

The source-code is up on CodePlex: http://ucomponents.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

A beta release of v2.0 is due out very very soon!

Cheers, Lee.

• ANANDHAKUMAR.M 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 16:44
    ANANDHAKUMAR.M

hi..

I am ANAND , i  have installed the umbraco ,finally cms  product did not install successfull.

the error message is " Umbraco CMS   this product did not installed  successfully. Downloaded file failed singnature verification and may have been tampered with."

please send me the informations to my mail id [email protected]

Oct 29, 2010 @ 16:56
    Lee Kelleher

Hi ANAND,

This thread isn't related to your installation problem.  If you would like some advice and support, then you should post a topic in the appropriate section of the forum.

Please state which version of Umbraco you are trying to install and how you are installing it (e.g. downloaded from CodePlex or Web PI?)

Also include the version of your operating system and web-browser, etc.  As much information as you can possibly give - that way someone will be able to help!

Best of luck!

Cheers, Lee.

• ANANDHAKUMAR.M 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 11:56
    ANANDHAKUMAR.M

hi  thank you .,

now i installed umbraco  and login successfully.,

now i created a home page .  inside the page gallery i created new file and upload photos . In that page i click  save  & publish icon

i recieve a error like "Published failed because the  parent page isint published".

next how and where i want to published the parrent page.

please send me the details to my mail id [email protected]

by

Anandhakumar

• Syed Ahsan 4 posts 53 karma points
    Sep 07, 2014 @ 11:00
    Syed Ahsan

Now in Umbraco 7 we have internal or external builtin type named as Related links :P

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft