Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 10 posts 32 karma points
    May 26, 2010 @ 18:47
    Matt

Creating Umbraco Package woes

I'm having one heck of a time creating an Umbraco package. First of all let me establish the basics.

• Windows Server 2003 IIS 6.0
    • Umbraco v4.0.4.1 (100% empty with no packages, starter packages installed or any content either. Just document types, macros, templates and stylesheets)

1. The first bug I've run into is publishing my package. A save will work, but a save and publish will not. I create a package, and add some document types, templates, stylesheets, macros and a single datatype. The save fails and I'm told to check the umbraco logs (on a side note the umbraco log viewer guys should update their primary download link to version 4.0.1). Now this is the issue the logs turn up.
      CreatedPackage.cs System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id 
      '1069'     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() in 
      d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\CMSNode.cs:line
       159     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) in 
      d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\CMSNode.cs:line
       91     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.ContentType..ctor(Int32 id) in 
      d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\ContentType.cs:line
       91     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.DocumentType..ctor(Int32 id) in

d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\DocumentType.cs:line
       22     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.DocumentType.ToXml(XmlDocument 
      xd) in 
      d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\DocumentType.cs:line
       251     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.CreatedPackage.Publish() 
      in 
      d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Packager\PackageInstance\CreatedPackage.cs:line
      Now I've been able to work around this issue by first saving and publishing with absolutely nothing in my package. Then I can add my package contents but there's still problems there. Specifically the zip file does not update with the package content I pick. I need to add all my desired content, except for the document types for my zip file to update. Sometimes if I'm lucky my document types will be included into my package but even as I write this article I no longer get updates to my package at all, no matter what combination of document types I include/exclude. And by updates I mean that nothing is updated in the file. The file timestamp stays the same and the package.xml file does not update. I should mention though that some my document types are nested and they're the ones I think are the source of all this trouble.
    2. Now the next issue I've been having is that if I deleted the package itself (the zip file), it does not recreate itself. Although I have a hunch that this is more related to the previous issue. I'm sure that if my packages would have updated then the file would recreate itself.
    3. I can not delete my created packages. I right click, choose delete, confirm my action, but nothing happens. My created packages refuse to die!

Well I hope this helps. It's been an adventure this morning trying to get this to work.

• Matt 10 posts 32 karma points
    May 26, 2010 @ 23:00
    Matt

UPDATE:

I've created an entirely new umbraco install and ported everything over. Not ideal, but my problems have all gone away now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft