Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cornelia 31 posts 53 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 14:30
    Cornelia

Styling the Custom section in Umbraco-Style

Hi all

I realized a custom section in Umbraco with this tutorial:
    http://www.geckonewmedia.com/blog/2009/8/3/how-to-create-a-custom-section-in-umbraco-4

Now the problem is, that I have no scrollbar in my custom page!

Also I want to have the same 1px-border in grey which every other page in the backend has.

Which template or css-file includes this definitions? Please tell me, if you need a picture of my project.

Thanks in advance
    Cornelia

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 15:32
    Jeff Grine

Ran into the same thing last week. The video tutorial is clearer on this part. Basically what you need to do is use the umbraco master page for the admin.

MasterPageFile="../masterpages/umbracoPage.Master"

It has head and body content sections you can put everything into.

If you also add a reference to umbraco controls, you can make use of the panels, tabs etc.

<%@ Register Namespace="umbraco.uicontrols" Assembly="controls" TagPrefix="umb" %>
    <umb:UmbracoPanel ID="Panel1" runat="server" hasMenu="true" >

You'll need a reference to controls.dll. (That also has the added benefit of letting Visual Studio recognize umbraco:item and umbraco:macro).

Jeff

Jun 02, 2010 @ 16:44
    Cornelia

Hi Jeff

Thanks a lot. It works!
    But just another little thing: Now the title and the place for the controls is empty (where normally the text "Welcome Administrator" and the buttons for save, publish, etc. are). Where can I add this infos?

Cornelia

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 21:46
    Richard Soeteman

Panel1.text will set the tet message and right below the Panel you can add a menu button

<umbraco:MenuImageButton ID="btn" ImageURL="/umbraco/images/editor/save.gif" runat="server" />

Hope this helps you,

Richard

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 21:57
    Jeff Grine

The "Welcome Administrator" bar is set by the Text property of the UmbracoPanel. Looks like the default for the root node is Welcome [user name]. hasMenu=true should get you the menu bar where the save and publish buttons go, but I don't know how to add buttons to the menu. Didn't need those for mine. 

Jun 03, 2010 @ 08:35
    Cornelia

Thanks to all!
    It works now fine.

Cornelia

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft