Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mfeola 117 posts 221 karma points
    Jun 03, 2010 @ 20:47
    mfeola

How to Add Rich Text Editor to Dashboard User Control

I have been able to add the content picker and the media picker to my usercontrols for the dashboard before, but now i am trying to add in a rich text editor and it requires an extra field for initialization:

richtexteditor = new umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE(null, "");

The configuration string goes in second and i need to figure out how to add that in in order to get the rich text to work i think.  Has anyone else been able to do this before? all i really need is basically the same configuration that this forum has but without the format, strike through, and html buttons

Jun 03, 2010 @ 20:49
    mfeola

i dont know how to insert an image... but what i am seeing on my dashboard is an empty area where the text box of the rich text editor is supposed to be.

• Dean 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 17:16
    Dean

Hi. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am trying to achieve the same thing, with little success...

Sep 29, 2010 @ 20:46
    mfeola

nope, sorry :(

i wound up working around it with just a textarea

Nov 18, 2010 @ 20:27
    mfeola

i think the fix for this is to look up the configuration options in tinyMCE.  i did it once but then didnt use the control but i inserted like "advanced" or "simple" or something into the configuration and it worked. couldn't control the buttons any more than that though

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 19, 2010 @ 14:38
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft