Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Lathigee 56 posts 99 karma points
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 20:21
    Jonathan Lathigee

razor outputting source instead of rendering

I had a razor macro that output a nav list and all was working fine over the last couple of days. Overnight something happened and this morning, instead of rendering the razor, it output the razor code as text... Ticklnig web.config smartened it up.

There were no changes made to the site over the last 24 hours (it's being reviewed by the client), and the error log (we have concierge) didn't reveal anything.

Has anyone else had isues where razor stopped rendering and instead started outputting code?

Any ideas?

We're running 4.6.2

Cheers

Jonathan

Feb 25, 2011 @ 22:22
    Jonathan Lathigee

sorry - I meant to say we are running 4.6.1

(tried to edit my post, but got repeated "error parsing xslt file" errors)

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Feb 26, 2011 @ 08:12
    Jonas Eriksson

I played quite rather much with razor on 4.6.1 but I dont recognize the problem. What happens when you try to add new razor scripts? Do they render?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Feb 27, 2011 @ 12:28
    Niels Hartvig

@Jonathan: I'd recommend that you upgrade to 4.7RC once it's out early next week (easy upgrade!). It contains a whole new and more stable Razor engine. However, like Jonas I haven't encountered the issue either.

Feb 28, 2011 @ 17:49
    Jonathan Lathigee

Hi guys

Jonas, Niels thanks for your responses. Yes, all Razor scripts (new and old) started to render again, but only after I tickled the web.config (ie recycled app pool)

As for the 4.7 upgrade, yeah, I'm definitely excited to do that! I've been using uComponents extensively for node traversing under razor, and am excited to move all that back into the core (Model.DescendantsAndSelf(), etc)

And while I have the ear of people in the know ;) just how easy of an "easy upgrade". I read elsewhere that the reason this is a 4.7 release (instead of 4.6.2) is because the upgrade path will be a bit tricky...

Cheers

Jonathan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 01, 2011 @ 07:39
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Upgrades are almost as easy as usual, just overwrite /bin /install /umbraco and /umbraco_client. The "tricky" bit is merging your web.config file and the umbracoSettings.config file. Nothing a little Winmerge won't solve! Besides, the additions in the web.config file are clearly marked as 4.6.2 / 4.7 changes.

Mar 01, 2011 @ 17:59
    Jonathan Lathigee

Oh good - so the wiki posting about upgrade procedure still stands.

Thanks for clarifying

Jonathan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft