• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 09:03
    Rik Helsen

45 minuten talk about Razor by Cultiv

Link to the video: http://www.buug.be/en/events/umbraco-festival

Sebastiaan Janssen - Cultiv Web Development

Powered by Razor
    Powered by RazorPowered by Razor

The Razor view engine for ASP.NET is now built into Umbraco and provides the first viable alternative to XSLT macro's. It's safe to say that Razor is the future of macro development in Umbraco. No more need to learn XSLT: your average .net developer can just use C# (or VB, if they must) and get intellisense in Visual Studio. No more need to do explicit compiles of your source code, no more having to use XSLT "tricks" that are hard to find: just look up how you would do it in .net and write it. In this talk you'll be shown tips & tricks and an overview of the helpers that are built into Umbraco. If you care about being very productive with Umbraco, you will not want to miss this.

Sebastiaan Janssen has been using content management systems for over a decade, but never with as much pleasure as with Umbraco now. He loves the web and does freelance work for his company Cultiv Web Development and works for WVD Media. He became an Umbraco enthousiast 2 years ago after working with it for a few evenings and comparing it to the systems he was used to working with. A few months later, a job opportunity came about where he would be able to work with only Umbraco. He jumped at the oppertunity and has been an Umbracoholic ever since.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 09:34
    Sebastiaan Janssen

During the questions, someone asked about the analog to "Position" in XSLT. In the upcoming version 4.7.1 you can do IsLast and IsFirst to achieve something like it.

• Alex 78 posts 136 karma points
    Apr 07, 2011 @ 13:48
    Alex

Anyway I can get the videos from the festival as a download? Tried the podcast link on the player but it doesn't seemt to do anything (probably me!).

Want to get them on the phone so I can watch on the commute.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 07, 2011 @ 15:52
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Alex: The link should be this: http://stream.umbraco.org/1482491/1527623/d48a0ffd2cc908efff50dab973c0c7c1/video_medium/sebastiaan-janssen-cultiv-web-video.mp4

I doubt, however, that you'll be able to read the screen, I didn't enlarge the font as in the theatre the screen was huge, but on video it's only just readable in fullscreen mode.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft