Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Stenfors 80 posts 124 karma points
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 22:12
    Christian Stenfors

strange razor error - Error loading Razor Script

First off, let me just say, that i am quite new to razor.

That sayd, i have been following the video-tuts on Umbraco TV on how to get started with razor, and everything was going just fine, until i started getting this error:

Error loading Razor Script
    c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\.......error CS0138: A using namespace directive can only be applied to namespaces; 'umbraco.MacroEngines.ExtensionMethods' is a type not a namespace

I have no idea why i am starting getting this error. It is a Umbraco 4.7 running on framework 4 on a ISS 7.

Hope that somebody out there can help me out?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 01, 2011 @ 13:14
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Do you have a using statement in your Razor script that is refereing to umbraco.MacroEngines.ExtensionMethods? ExtensionMethods is indeed not a namespace so you'll have to use a "using umbraco.MacroEngines;".

If that's not it, could you provide a codesample so we can have a look?

Aug 03, 2011 @ 16:03
    Christian Stenfors

Hi Sebastiaan,

no i don't have a using-statement like that in my razor script.

Actually, since i am just setting this site up so i can start playing around with, and getting to know razor, i haven't really done anything other than to include a inline macro to write razor statements in. And it seems that no matter what i write in that script section, this error comes out.

Do you have any idea why?

• kaushal 5 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 11, 2011 @ 11:00
    kaushal

<umbraco:Macro runat="server" Language="razor" Cache="0">

@using umbraco.MacroEngines;

</umbraco:Macro>

Nov 18, 2011 @ 10:47
    Christian Stenfors

I never figured out what was wrong, but i guess that it was specific to just that website, because i have websites that i configurated the same way now, that works...

stranger

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 10:49
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Very strange, might've been a corrupt or missing file somewhere. It happens sometimes. Glad it's working for you now though!  

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Jun 21, 2012 @ 19:31
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Guys am having the same issue, cant figure out how to get my razor file saved. Even a blank file wont saved.

What is really weird is having another website running with v 4.7.0 and yet no errors!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft