Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Sep 17, 2011 @ 15:07
    Barry Fogarty

Razor messages in trace

Can anyone explain to me the following messages I get from my razor macros in the trace:

Checking the RazorDataTypeModelTypes cache to see if the GUID 67db8357-ef57-493e-91ac-936d305e0f2a has a Model...  GUID [id] does not have a DataTypeModel - falling back to ConvertPropertyValueByDataType.

Should I be concerned?  I noticed on one macro where it navigates the tree looking for the closest property to be set, this was taking quite a long time (nearly a second) and was wondering if I could be doing in a way for better performance.  FYI the code:

var metaDesc = Model.AncestorsOrSelf().Where("metaDescription.ToString() != string.Empty").Last().metaDescription;

where I look for the closest node that has the metaDescription tag set.

SO back to my original posting - does it matter that my properties do not have a DataTypeModel?  Shouild I be including a 'using' or inherits in my macro scripts to help performance?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 19, 2011 @ 13:11
    Sebastiaan Janssen

No, it doesn't matter, the DataTypeModels are optional, it's just looking for them in case there is one.

To make your code a bit easier, try using this:

@Model.GetPropertyValue("metaDescription", true)

The "true" here tells GetPropertyValue to look up recursively and should do exactly what you're trying to do (and should be quite a bit more efficient).

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Sep 19, 2011 @ 13:47
    Barry Fogarty

Thanks for your help Sebastiaan.  Unfortunately your code does not work for me.  It returns the value OK when the property has a value on the current node.  But if it does not have a value, it does not recurse up the tree to find the nearest ancestor with a value.

To clarify, my document type DOES contain a property with Alias metaDescription (it is a property on a master document type). 

What I need to do is check if that property has a value.  If it does, use it, but if it doesnt, traverse up the tree to find the nearest ancestor with value.

Sep 19, 2011 @ 19:46
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Hmmm, yes, I seem to be experiencing the same problem. I'll check it out and get back to you!

• Gareth Evans 142 posts 334 karma points c-trib
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 23:40
    Gareth Evans

There was a bug fix in 4.7.1.1 (unreleased) that should correct this

Please try this build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2923715/LatestRazorMacroEngine-Only.zip

• Eran Meir 401 posts 543 karma points
    Dec 17, 2011 @ 23:04
    Eran Meir

i have this problem too, i tried gareth solution, it doesn't work
    anyone got a solution?

Dec 17, 2011 @ 23:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Eran Have you tried replacing the macro engine dll with the one Gareth posted?

Dec 18, 2011 @ 13:35
    Eran Meir

i tried it already and it didn't help, any thought what can i check ?

Dec 18, 2011 @ 15:38
    Eran Meir

anyone can please explain the meaning of the messages ?

Dec 18, 2011 @ 16:31
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sorry, I wasn't reading properly. The error (more of a warning, actually) means that it is looking for a RazorDataTypeModel for your datatype. To read more about RazorDataTypeModels scroll to the end of this blog post: http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2011/9/18/umbraco-razor-feature-walkthrough%E2%80%93part-7.aspx

Anyway, to be able to help, I would need some more info, have you tried GetPropertyValue for example (that should just give a string back and not cause any problems)? What are you trying to do anyway, and what is the REAL problem (as said, this is just a warning message, not an actual error).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft