Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mr A 216 posts 278 karma points
    Oct 05, 2011 @ 16:51
    Mr A

Cultiv Razor Examples

Hi , I am using Cultiv Razor Examples which is an excellent example for practicing razor , just need to know if i want to push the events on homepage how will i acheive this, the razor code provided only shows the subnodes of the parent node ,what if i want to show the subnodes of a particular page on home page . for instance i want to show latest 3 events by date on homepage , 

@foreach (var group in Model.Children.OrderBy("EventDateTime [desc]").Next(3))
    {
        <div class="column-holder">
        @foreach (var item in group)
        {
            <div class="cell">
                <h3>@item.Name</h3>
                <em>@String.Format("{0:dddd, MMMM d yyyy}"item.EventDateTimeStarts at @String.Format("{0:HH:mm}"item.EventDateTime)</em><br />
                <span>@(Library.Truncate(Library.StripHtml(item.EventDescription)200true))</span>
            </div>
            <class="readmore-link"><href="@item.Url" class="link more">read more</a></p>            
        }
        </div>
    }

The above doesnt works, as I have used Model which is the current page which is a homepage having no subnodes.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Oct 05, 2011 @ 17:10
    Mr A

@foreach (var group in Model.Children.Where("NodeTypeAlias = \"Events\"").OrderBy("EventDateTime").InGroupsOf(1))

I tried the above syntax with no success.

Oct 05, 2011 @ 17:25
    Mr A

@foreach (var group in Model.NodeById(1121).Descendants().OrderBy("EventDateTime").InGroupsOf(1))

well this one works but it shows all the events and is there any more elegant way of doing it , here i am using node of event which is 1121

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft