Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Umbraco 137 posts 294 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 15:35
    Umbraco

Dynamic dispatch stopped working after uninstalling Contour/Courier

Not sure what happened exactly, but this morning the site was working perfectly fine, and this afternoon many of the Razor scripts are throwing exceptions about missing methods:

'umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeList' does not contain a definition for 'First'

Could it be that it is because I uninstalled Contour and Courier packages? Maybe there's a versioning issue with some of the core assemblies?

• Simon Kibsgård 62 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 24, 2011 @ 00:33
    Simon Kibsgård

Hi Michiel

Did you find your answer?

I am experiencing the same behavior with .Take (and I when I altered to .Random it is still the same).

To me the problem occurs when I move my website to the staging server. On my dev machine it works fine but on the new staging I get these razor errors.

Some of my razor scripts, not using umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeContext still works.

I recently did an update to umbraco 4.7.1., but I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Anyone?

Oct 24, 2011 @ 13:41
    Umbraco

Hi Simon,

Good question, I have indeed resolved this issue.

At one point I removed Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll which was left over after uninstalling Contour. After that everything started working again. I have since reinstalled Contour and everything is still working. So you may want to compare your local bin folder with the on on your staging server to find the problematic assembly.

I have reported the issue to Umbraco HQ, I suggest you do the same so they may have extra test cases.

Good luck!

Oct 24, 2011 @ 20:59
    Simon Kibsgård

Hi Michiel

Thank you for sharing your solution. Unfortunately I don't have Contour in this installation and not the Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll to delete.

Weird thing is that I have the website running fine on two developer machines, but on my fresh new staging server it won't work. I even copied my exact local website folder to the staging and tried it of, no luck. And I tried to delete DLLs with older build dates and some third party DLLs without any effect.

This leaves me thinking that I miss some setting/install on my IIS? I have ASP.NET 4 of course. By the way I notice that my only XSLT file stopped working as well. Ring a bell to anyone?

Oct 25, 2011 @ 13:39
    Simon Kibsgård

Heureka! Sort of.

My last comment above and a suggestion from a friend let to solvation. I installed Visual Studio 2010 Express on the web server and it works. I figure I was missing some .Net Framework assemblies, though I'm still not quite sure how.

Oct 25, 2011 @ 13:59
    Umbraco

If you really want to know you could use assembly binding log viewer to see what happens. I have an idea that a simple binding redirect in web.config could be the easier workaround. Possible for system,web.extensions.

But I don't know for sure. It's the kind of problem I was just happy to have solved, can't really be bothered enough to go their again.

Let's hope Umbraco HQ has a final verdict.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft