Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 17:07
    Dan Diplo

Multiple Where clauses not same as Where with AND?

This may well be the correct and intended behaviour, but I was suprised that the following two queries didn't return the same results. Basically I was trying to work out whether any descendant nodes of a top-level page had any nodes that where both visible and with a level greater than three.

My original query was this:

bool hasMultipleLevels = topPage.Descendants().
    Where("Visible && Level > 3").Count() > 0;

However, this didn't return the expected results (it would return 'true' even when the descendant pages where hidden). So I modified my query to this:

bool hasMultipleLevels = topPage.Descendants().
    Where("Visible").Where("Level > 3").Count() > 0;

This worked as expected and return "false" when descendant pages where hidden.

I would have thought the two were conceptually the same? But clearly not! So is this intended or a bug? :)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 17:36
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Try Where("Visible == true && Level > 3") as well.. but I would think the first one would indeed check if the item was Visible AND (if that is true THEN) the level is larger than 3.

So might be a bug, or might be some weird behaviour that doesn't make sense (yet!) to simple people like you and me.. ;-)

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 17:46
    Dan Diplo

Hi Seb,

Tried what you suggested but with the same results....

As you say, probably makes sense to higher beings :)

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Aug 29, 2018 @ 13:07
    keilo

I came across a similar issue and it seems the following is working in mysterious ways:

node.Descendants().Where("NodeTypeAlias  == @0 || NodeTypeAlias  == @1", "DocType1", "DocType2").Where("customer==\"\"")

this is only returning results from DocType1 and not from DocType2.

Background: The node is in ListView, containing the DocType1 and DocType2 and customer is a MNTP (which is empty, doesnt contain any entry).

If I chage the order such as:

NodeTypeAlias  == @0 || NodeTypeAlias== @1", "DocType2", "DocType1")

then it only returns the DocType2 but not DocType1.

Is there anyone who can shed light on why this doesnt work on the second DocType but the first?

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 08:04
    keilo

For completeness who lands on this page, like me, later;

Changing to DocumentTypeAlias works ;

node.Descendants().Where("DocumentTypeAlias == @0 || DocumentTypeAlias == @1", "DocType1", "DocType2").Where("customer==\"\"")

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft