Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
This is not a question, rather, an answer that I will share. I saw an older post (sorry, lost the link) where the solution was to write a method that in turn uses HtmlAgilityPack, but this seems much simpler.
I originally had this, which produced the invalid argument error:
I assume it's expecting some sort of Html data type rather than a string.
So this fixes it:
There are overloads for IHtmlString, string and DynamicNull.It would be really good if we could find out what type rentalCarPhone was returning as.
OK Gareth, you piqued my curiosity!
Regards -- Paul
Odd, and you're getting invalid argument when you pass that to Library.StripHtml?I'm a little confused by that.
Can you try it again and umbDebugShowTrace, then copy out the error bit from the macro engine so I can see the minitrace?
Not sure if I'm doing this right, I appended ?umbdebugshowtrace=true to the url, but do not see a stack trace. I do see this on the page though: Error loading Razor Script The best overloaded method match for 'umbraco.library.StripHtml(string)' has some invalid arguments
Serving jury duty today, so will not be able to respond until tonight east coast US time.
No stress, just want to get to the bottom of it
Did you disable traces with uGoLive or editing the config file for security?
There should be a larger block for that error in the trace which includes the function path, though it looks like it's finding and calling the method correctly, but for some reason the type that's being tested it's not finding an overload for.
Could you perhaps try upgrading to 220.127.116.11? Maybe I updated the overloads
I didn't knowingly disable tracing.
Is upgrading to 18.104.22.168 from 4.7.1 simply a matter of drag/dropping the contents of tbe "build" folder on to my existing 4.7.1 installation? Of course I would back it up first!
I need to demo it next week thus don't want to lose any work.
I need to unwind from jury duty (hopefully tomorrow is last day), so won't get to Umbraco until this weekend.
bin, umbraco and umbraco_client.
But, be careful that you might need to hand merge umbracoSettings
Also, theres a small change that means stuff that automatically comes back as int might break, but there's a config setting you can apply to fix
OK back from jury duty, upgraded to 22.214.171.124. Here goes (please let me know if this isn't what you're looking for):
Pagedata loaded for Gra-GnvRentalCars (ID: 1145) 0.000472965139424145 0.000185umbracoPage Looking up skin information 0.000508165143893987 0.000035aspx.page End PreInit 0.000848711218883964 0.000341aspx.page Begin Init 0.000873854079219566 0.000025renderMacro Rendering started (macro: , type: 6, cacheRate: 0) 0.000912965195297168 0.000039umbracoMacro MacroEngine script added () 0.00100459695296469 0.000092umbracoMacro Loading IMacroEngine script 0.00102638743192221 0.000022Resolve Urls 0 0.00158092718487964 0.000555 RazorDynamicNode got datatype 5e9b75ae-face-41c8-b47e-5f4b0fd82f83 for rentalCarName on Gra-GnvRentalCar 0.00209356217061107 0.000513 Checking for a RazorDataTypeModel for data type guid 5e9b75ae-face-41c8-b47e-5f4b0fd82f83... 0.00212066058675055 0.000027 Checking the RazorDataTypeModelTypes static mappings to see if there is a static mapping... 0.00213909868432999 0.000018 There isn't a staticMapping defined so checking the RazorDataTypeModelTypes cache... 0.00216675583069915 0.000028 GUID 5e9b75ae-face-41c8-b47e-5f4b0fd82f83 does not have a DataTypeModel, falling back to ConvertPropertyValueByDataType 0.00219692726310187 0.000030Resolve Urls 0 0.00223212726757172 0.000035 RazorDynamicNode got datatype 5e9b75ae-face-41c8-b47e-5f4b0fd82f83 for rentalCarPhone on Gra-GnvRentalCar 0.00225475584187376 0.000023 Checking for a RazorDataTypeModel for data type guid 5e9b75ae-face-41c8-b47e-5f4b0fd82f83... 0.00227542886037192 0.000021 Checking the RazorDataTypeModelTypes static mappings to see if there is a static mapping... 0.002292749497492 0.000017 There isn't a staticMapping defined so checking the RazorDataTypeModelTypes cache... 0.00231398124621984 0.000021 GUID 5e9b75ae-face-41c8-b47e-5f4b0fd82f83 does not have a DataTypeModel, falling back to ConvertPropertyValueByDataType 0.00233912410655544 0.000025umbracoMacro Error Loading Razor Script (file: ) The best overloaded method match for 'umbraco.library.StripHtml(string)' has some invalid arguments at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Type , Object ) at ASP._Page_App_Data_TEMP_Razor_inline_e50d20b38d3a936580e075b2314a0662_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco\App_Data\TEMP\Razor\inline-e50d20b38d3a936580e075b2314a0662.cshtml:line 7 at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPage.ExecutePageHierarchy(IEnumerable`1 executors) at System.Web.WebPages.WebPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) at umbraco.MacroEngines.RazorMacroEngine.ExecuteRazor(MacroModel macro, INode currentPage) at umbraco.MacroEngines.RazorMacroEngine.Execute(MacroModel macro, INode currentPage)
Okay I'll test and see what happens, Everything looks right and the type should be coming back as HtmlString which means one of those overloads should apply
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted