Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicky Christensen 76 posts 166 karma points
    Jan 28, 2012 @ 16:06
    Nicky Christensen

List items by a specific NodeTypeAlias?

Hi guys...

I want to list items by a specific nodetypealias, is this possible? I've tried this, however, it says that the NodeTypeAlias doesnt exist in the current context: 

@foreach(var item in @Model.NodeById(1064).Children.Where(NodeTypeAlias == "NewsItem").Take(itemsPerPage).OrderBy("NewsDate desc"))

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 28, 2012 @ 17:50
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You're almost there: 

@foreach(var item in @Model.NodeById(1064).Children.Where("NodeTypeAlias == @0", "NewsItem").Take(itemsPerPage).OrderBy("NewsDate desc"))

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 29, 2012 @ 11:28
    Jeroen Breuer

Won't this also work?

@foreach(var item in @Model.NodeById(1064).NewsItem.Take(itemsPerPage).OrderBy("NewsDate desc"))

Think it than only uses children which are of type "NewsItem". It's a little bit shorter.

Jeroen

• J 150 posts 489 karma points
    Jan 29, 2012 @ 15:37
    J

Both @seb's approach and @jeroen's aproach are correct, but I do prefer the second one just because is shorter and easier to read. There's a third option that is to "pluralize" the node type alias, like this:

@foreach(var item in @Model.NodeById(1064).NewsItems.Take(itemsPerPage).OrderBy("NewsDate desc"))

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 01:57
    Rodion Novoselov

The matter of taste, as for me pluralising/singularising look a bit far too smart - I wonder how the nouns like "mouse", "goose", "sheep", "pants", etc would read  in this case :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft