Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Snook 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 23:29
    Matthew Snook

Foreign Meta Data

Hello,

I have been trying for hours now to figure out a way to display the meta description of a different webpage.

Basically, I have a list of links to articles; what I would like to do is, beneath the article name and post date (which are input by the content-creator), display the meta description of the page that is being linked to.  The point of this is to completely avoid requiring the content-creator to input the description for the link themselves, though the more I think about this the stranger the desire seems given that they are already hand-entering a name and date for the link.

But, I am just a lowly code monkey, I hardly get to challenge the requirements I have been given.

So, say I have a link to Google.  Is there any way to dynamically display the meta description of http://www.google.com on my page?  Of course, I'll keep trying to figure it out myself, but any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

• Matthew Snook 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 18:55
    Matthew Snook

The client has accepted an alternative course of action, so this is no longer a pressing matter.  However, I am still curious if anybody has a simple answer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft