Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Powell 13 posts 47 karma points
    Apr 14, 2012 @ 05:16
    Anthony Powell

The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception.

Hi there, 

I've just migrated a production server to a staging server. Because the site is now live, and I need to continue working on it. 

I've created a new hosting enviroment with a new domain. 
    The hosting enviroment is Parellels Plesk 9. All folders have full permissions for all uses. 

I tried restoring the database from the production site to the staging. Because the hosting is using myLittleAdmin, and all the databases are on the same machine. You can only have one SQL user per-database. So even though the hosting is completely different. I can't use the same sql - User on the new database. Which was my first problem. Because I used the web-installer originally, the Schama was named as the original sql-user name. So when I was trying to access the staging database server with a new sql-user on the new hosting. It failed because I didn't have permission. 

So second problem, I tried to transfer the schema to dbo schema so all users could access it. I didn't have permissions to do that. So I had to contact the Hosting company, and tell them to do for me (at a cost).

Which they did, and everything seems to start working correctly. Mirroring the production server. 
    because there were companies and products that had 'real' email accounts attached to them. I ran a script  to swap them out with a '[email protected]' email account. So staging would not shoot random emails to them. 

I also tried to clear the log table of information, so I could start clean. Having a count of over 1 million. I put it on a thead that deleted 200 at a time, and slept for 30 seconds and took another 200 off. Just so I didn't kill the hosting. I was going to leave it running for a couple of days eating away at that log file.

Mean while I ran my 'email  replacement' script on all the companies (which are Nodes) and it worked fine. I repubished the whole site to update the xml cache. and then all my Razor scripts started failing!

Error loading Razor Script ExamineSearchResults.cshtml
    The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception. 

ARR! 

(this is not just the search cshtml file, but ALL cshtml files on the site)
    ok so I went and got the newest versions of Examine.dll and lucene.Net.dll and uploaded them. no Change?!

So I double checked the permissions on the the app_data\temp\*.* folders.. FULL permission for all users. :/

I double checked that the naming in the config files, to make sure it's nothing dumb. and keeps to the ruls. All fine!

Found a forum saying that if you export / import a database, it sometimes dose not transfer the fk and pk with identity 
    So I tested that I could add a page to the site, I could :/ I would expect to see that fail, if a table didn't have Identity colume :/

Getting a little tired now, and pissed off, So the warning bells are telling me to give it up for now.. :(

So if anyone can shed a little light on this for me, I would appreciate that.

Thanks

• Anthony Powell 13 posts 47 karma points
    Apr 14, 2012 @ 05:26
    Anthony Powell

I asked the duck ,  Dont seem t be my day...  you got  a Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\forum-commentsList.xslt happen here too :/ RAZOR FTW.....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft