Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hemant 45 posts 66 karma points
    Jun 16, 2012 @ 09:55
    Hemant

Create custom login page

Hi all,

i want to create custom login page , which will redirect another admin side , home page.

Is that possible to create custom admin side in umbraco ??

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

• Douglas Ludlow 210 posts 366 karma points
    Jun 16, 2012 @ 15:21
    Douglas Ludlow

That is definitely possible. The great thing is that it is already built into umbraco. To create a login page, simply add the login control to on of your templates. There are actually a number of built in login controls available for ASP.Net. I don't know if they all work with Umbraco, but I have used the login and login status controls without any problems.

<asp:Login runat="server" />

What I have done is created a login template and placed the login control on it. Then I made that template availabe for text/generic pages. Then I create a content node and set it up to use the login template. Then you need to create an "Error" page which is just a page to send the user to if they are not authorized to view the page. That's part one.

Part two is settings up your members. In the members section you'll need to create a user type, some roles, and then some actual users and assign them to those roles. It should be pretty strait forward to do, but if you run into issues here, feel free to ask for help.

Part three is protecting the "admin" area of your site. In the content section, simply right click and select "Public access." Choose "Role based protection" then select your roles and login and error pages. Then that's it you should be good to go!

Jun 18, 2012 @ 07:54
    Hemant

Thanks DL.
    I will folloaw that.

Jun 18, 2012 @ 08:08
    Hemant

Hi DL.

Any example in razor for that.

Thanks.

• Douglas Ludlow 210 posts 366 karma points