page 1

page 2

Another level 1 page 1

page 3

page 4

Another level 1 page 2

page 5

page 6

I am trying to create a main navigation can list all the pages regardless on which page you are on and on what level e.g.

home, page 1, page 2, Another level1 page1, page 3, page 6

Ideally with the option to pick which page to display and which ones not to display. Am still new to razor so this has total gone over me lol. I no its a weird structure but my client wants it that way, basically to separate shop pages, blog pages and the main sites pages. I am using one main master page which all of these pages feed into and at the moment can only resort to having a hardcoded list. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Denford

• gilad 185 posts 425 karma points
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 15:32
    gilad

Hii Denford.

You can add property with alias for exam - showOnMainMenu of type true / false

Then you can run trow all of your pages with that property like this: 

foreach (var item in Model.AncestorOrSelf().Descendants().Where("showOnMainMenu"))
    {
    ///DO SOMETHING

Hope that help.

Cheers

• Denford 132 posts 323 karma points
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 17:10
    Denford

hi mate,

thanks for the reply, i have added that property and selected it on the pages i want displayed and unfortunately i still cant pick up all the pages. if im on the home page i cant pick up anything including the home page itself and when im on 1 of the pages e.g. page 3 (from above) i can only get page 3 and 4 with that property selected and not the home page or page 5. i have stripped my razor script to the one bellow, just to get the pages and put them in a list.

@inherits umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeContext
    @using umbraco.MacroEngines;
    @using System.Linq;
    @using System.Xml.Linq
    @using System.Collections.Generic;

@{

<ul>
        @foreach (var item in Model.AncestorOrSelf ().Descendants ().Where ("showOnMainMenu"))
            {
                <li>
                    <a href="@item.Url">@item.Name</a>
                </li>
            }
    </ul>
    }

• gilad 185 posts 425 karma points
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 17:16
    gilad

Your struct should be look like this :

--Site setting

---- Home

---- About

------- page 1

------- page 2

then AncestorOrSelf () go to Site setting node from any page. - and Model.AncestorOrSelf ().Descendants ()  run trow all pages.

you could also then get general propeerties like :  Model.AncestorOrSelf ().propertyAlias

Jun 28, 2012 @ 17:42
    Denford

ye it is sort, take it from yo example above the home page and about page are both level 1. I f so then ye it is and when im on about/page1 can get page 2 as wel but when im on home and home/page1 can only get home and not about/page1 as well as about/page2. looks like am jus gona have to try and put all the pages under the home page which is what i already had until my client went on to create a lot of new pages on the same level as the home pages lol.

Sep 18, 2012 @ 14:30
    Denford

hi guys have worked a way round it, have used uquery's property @uQuery.GetRootNode(); then looped through the children.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft