Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 14:34
    Gordon Saxby

Can't get intellisense

I can't get intellisense to work in Visual Studio - I have searched this forum and the Internet and tried a few things but it doesn't seem to work as easy as people say.

I have my VS project in a differnt location to the development website and use a build step to copy the necessary files to the website. I do not have the entire Umbraco instance in my project - could this be causing the issue?

• Douglas Ludlow 210 posts 366 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 16:24
    Douglas Ludlow

Because some of razor is dynamic (that is, it is resolved at runtime), you won't see any intellisense associated with it, see the Razor cheat sheet for a list of available methods and properties.

Other C# code should be intillisensed, however. You'll need to make sure that you have the MVC framework installed so that Visual Studio knows what to do with cshtml files.

Other than that, it could help if you were in the same project as your Umbraco instance (just open it as a website), but you should be able to get along fine if you just reference the dll's in the bin of the Umbraco directory.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft