Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 14:47
    Fuji Kusaka

Check Document Type when using traverse

Hi Guys,

Can someone point out that am doing wrong here ? Am trying to display a css class depending on the nodeTypeAlias using Traverse for a navigation.

Here is my code snippet. Any suggestion please?

foreach(var list in companyList){          
                <div>   
       <ul>
                        <li><a href="#" class="@Library.If((list.AncestorsOrSelf("Company"))), "header", " ") @list.companyList">@list.Name</a> @traverse(list)</li>
                    </ul>     
            </div>
            }

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 16:44
    Dan Diplo

You can use IsAncestorOrSelf to check whether a node is an ancestor of your current page like this:

foreach (dynamic page in pages)
    {                 
        <[email protected](page.IsAncestorOrSelf(Model), "class=\"selected\"")>@page.Name
        </li>
    }

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to check? What condition do you want the class to be headed?

Oct 03, 2012 @ 19:27
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response but this is not what am trying to achieve here. Under a folder content i have several pages and some has child nodes.

So the parent node lets say has a NodeTypeAlias(x) and its Child NodeTypeAlias(y). What i want to achieve here is get a UL list like this

<ul>
    <li><a href="#" class="header">PageName</a>
    <ul>
    </li><a href="#" class="">SubPage Name </a></li>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul

i know who to get this using a typical foreach loop and checking if Children.Count() > 0, but i would like make use of traverse here, so whenever it gets the parent node with nodeTypeAlias(x) it shows header and if not then a blank class

Oct 03, 2012 @ 20:34
    Fuji Kusaka

Got it working, but somehow not the best solution using @helper traverse

<a href="#" class="@Library.If((list.NodeTypeAlias =="Company"), "header","") @list.companyList">@list.Name</a> @traverse(list)

//fuji

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft