Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niek 8 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 21:49
    Niek

Several Razor problems in 4.11.1

Hey all,

I'm developing a website in Umbraco 4.11.1 and I have come across several errors:

Problem 1: When using:

@foreach (var page in Model.Content.AncestorsOrSelf(1))

I get the following error:

Compiler Error Message: CS1928: 'Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel' does not contain a definition for 'AncestorsOrSelf' and the best extension method overload 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentExtensions.AncestorsOrSelf(Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent, string)' has some invalid arguments

Problem 2: When using:

@item.GetPropertyValue<DateTime>("datum").ToString("dd MMMM yyyy")

Compiler Error Message: CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Web.WebPages.WebPageExecutingBase.Write(System.Web.WebPages.HelperResult)' has some invalid arguments

To fix it I need to format the Razor code as:

@(item.GetPropertyValue<DateTime>("datum").ToString("dd MMMM yyyy"))

Problem 3: When using:

var image = new DAMP.PropertyEditorValueConverter.Model(item.GetPropertyValue("afbeelding"))

Compiler Error Message: CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'DAMP.PropertyEditorValueConverter.Model.Model(string)' has some invalid arguments

To fix it I need to format the Razor code as:

var image = new DAMP.PropertyEditorValueConverter.Model(item.GetPropertyValue<int>("afbeelding").ToString())

Also, when the "afbeelding" property has no value, Count() still returns 1. But the DAMP_Item object in the list is empty.

Problem 4:

It seems like the Random(int) method on IPublishedContent is missing?

Is something wrong with my Umbraco installation or is it me doing something wrong?

Kind regards,

Niek

• Nathalie Larsson 2 posts 22 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 22:53
    Nathalie Larsson

I have the same errors. Have you managed to solve it Niek? 

• Niek 8 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 09:26
    Niek

I haven't managed to solve it yet...

Maybe someone else could help us?

• Halldór Hrafn 15 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 11:55
    Halldór Hrafn

I had a similar problem (I think) where I couldn't sort on my properties within Razor scripts.

for example: .OrderBy("myUmbracoProperty desc")

This worked in 4.9, but not after I upgrated to 4.11 :P

After quite alot of hairpulling I tried to re-save my document type (which has the property), which resulted in a server error (ysod). I then tried to save it again (this time from the server, might have worked remotely).

Now I can sort by my property.

However I have to make sure I ONLY select nodes that DO have the (sorting) property, this wasn't a problem before (and is still causing me issues) :P

NB:

• I also noticed that I could sort by properties on some other document types.
    • My have set up a little complicated document type structure, the problem DT was on level 3, that is it was a descendant of 2 other DTs

Hope this helps...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft