Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kai Lehmann 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 13, 2012 @ 15:05
    Kai Lehmann

Getting the ActionChild examples to work - help needed

Hi,

I'm new to Umbraco. Just started learning MVC and Razor, I want to add own "things" to the Umbraco CMS.

I've downloaded latest the latest source - 4.11.1. The projects will be edited with VS2012.

I had a closer look to the Documentation (the section Documentation on Our Umbraco), especially to Developer API Reference -> MVC -> ChildActions.

If I had understood that right, I can use ChildAction to render my own parts of code? Par examples I want to use my own MVC project, let's say, a simple form, where te user can input some text?

My questions are:

# What I have to do, so that i can use e.g. my own form in Umbraco? Which .dll i have to use for the controller class? This class has to inherit from SurfaceController, right?

I guess I have to write something like the following code into Umbraco -> Developer -> Scripting Files -> xyz.cshtml (Example-Code from the documentation site):

@Html.Action("SearchResults", "MySearch", 
        new { query = new QueryParameters(Request.QueryString["search"]) })

Does I have to write some @inherit or @using here? If so, which? And what does "MySearch" in the example code mean?

Further, if I take the example code from this site, where do i store it? In an umbraco folder or somewhere else?

If someone knows a link to a step-by-step example, i would be happy... At the moment the example-code is a mammut problem for me, because I don't know exactly what to do. Perhaps somebody might help me?

Hope my explainations and my englisch (not native) are understandable.

Thanks in advance for your help, Kai

Dec 13, 2012 @ 17:19
    Kai Lehmann

UPDATE:

I've got it working so far, but getting the following error when i want to add the macro to a TextPage:

"System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed."

When disable the macro-option "Render content in editor", I get the follwing error when I display the Textpage:

"Error loading MacroEngine script (file: test.cshtml)"

Any suggestions?

Dec 14, 2012 @ 13:29
    Kai Lehmann

Now I'm using mvcBridge; works fine for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft