Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 12:56
    Fuji Kusaka

Search for Multiple Word

Having examine search set up under umbraco v 4.9.1, i came across an issue where some of the search terms are not giving any output.

For example if i type "club" i get all pages and media files associated with the name club but no result if somehow i type "club house"

How do i set up my search to get 2 terms or a phrase?

var query = searchCriteria.GroupedOr(new string[] { "nodename", "bodyContent", "metaKeywords", "metaDescriptions", "altPageTitle", "fileIndex" }, searchTerm.Fuzzy(0.5f)).Compile();
  • Mike Chambers 636 posts 1253 karma points c-trib
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 13:18
    Mike Chambers

Only way I found to do it is you have to do the leg work to split you phrase and add a Or() to your examine search...

eg you probably want?

pseudo : give me results for "club house" OR "club" OR "house"

the fuzy should also add "Club" Or "Clubs" OR "clubs" etc.... but I'm finding that a little hit and miss...  note if you remove fuzy (which is case insensitive) you have to then think case sensitivity too...

so pseudo : give me results for "club house" OR "club" OR "house" OR "Club" OR "House" OR "CLUB" OR "HOUSE" 

and maybe wildcards... OR "Club*" OR "House*"

XSLT search seemed so much simpler in comparison!

• Mike Chambers 636 posts 1253 karma points c-trib
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 13:21
    Mike Chambers

forgot to say... this thread helped me... and I posted an interim effort...

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/25600-Examine-case-insensitive-keyword-search?p=1

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft