Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 93 posts 153 karma points
    Dec 29, 2012 @ 20:51
    Matthew

What are the essential skills required to be good with Razor?

I don't need to be able to write my own eCommerce packages or anything like that, I'd just like to be able to write up some Razor scripts without having to be a burden or take forever piecing together bits and pieces from all over the web. 

I haven't found where to learn about things like what the @using statements mean or how to properly apply them.  I'm pretty sure I've found and read all the Umbraco related material and the Razor introductions out there but there seems to be a disconnect between the two, like those who can write Razor well in Umbraco came to the table with an advanced background in other skills/disciplines.

It seems like there's a pretty clear division between basic users that come from html/css static development and hard core programmers that can write eCommerce packages.  What can we do to bridge the gap?

Would just basic familiarity with Visual Studio Express and an entry level C# course be sufficient for light weight scripting?  Is that where you learn about the more esoteric aspects, like the @using stuff, and how to structure Razor properly?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft