Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kadir 30 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 30, 2012 @ 11:39
    Kadir

Categorisation through Xpath Checkboxlist

i started on a simple project for umbraco and i am in need of a category section. That's why i started to create pages for categories. In websites section i am using "Xpath Checkboxlist" to select categories. Until this point everything is just fine I can see the categories that i choose in websites editing page.

Websites
    - aaaa.com
    - bbbbb.com
    - cccc.com
    - etc.com

Categories
    - Fashion
    - Electronics
    - etc...

My problem is too create both sided relationship.

For example in the cccc.com page people should be able to click on Fashion category link. And in Fashion page all fashion websites should be listed. I couldn't find any example for this. I would be glad if you could guide me in this matter.

Best,

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2012 @ 12:15
    Hendy Racher

Hi Kadir,

How about using Picker Relations to watch the XPath CheckBoxList, this can create relationships between the Website and Category enabling quick queries to get all Websties in a given Category. This post gives the general idea, but instead of rendering the list in the back office, you can then use the Relaions API to render the list on the frontend.

HTH,

Hendy

Dec 30, 2012 @ 12:42
    Kadir

Hi Hendy,

thank you for your reply, this post looks awesome. I will be checking now.

Best,

Jan 01, 2013 @ 17:27
    Kadir

Hi again,

I have followed the tutorial, it worked perfectly. But i am having difficulties on rendering the Relations list on the frontend. Any clues?

thanks again.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 02, 2013 @ 00:53
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Kadir,

If you need to render them in the frontend you'll probably be able to get what you need using the GetRelatedNodes() or GetRelatedNodeAsXml() extensions from umbraco.library. (Don't seem to be much documentation for them at the moment, but maybe you can add that when you've found out how to use them? :-)

/Chriztian

Jan 02, 2013 @ 23:59
    Kadir

Hi Chriztian,

thanks for the tip. I will check them now :)

Best

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft