Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Jan 25, 2013 @ 15:12
    Fuji Kusaka

Search Result not displaying "nodeName"

Hi everyone,

Am getting some weird issues here with my examine search result where @nodeName is causing the razor file to crash.

Whenever i add the @result.Fields["nodeName"] the script crash, and if changed to bodyContent or @result.Id I works just fine.

Here is my razor script

var searchTerm = Request.Form["searchTerm"];
        var list = 0;

//Check if SearchQuery is Null   
       if(String.IsNullOrEmpty(searchTerm)){
           <p>Please use the search Box</p>
           return;
       }

var searcher = ExamineManager.Instance.SearchProviderCollection["EspralSearcher"];
        var searchCriteria = searcher.CreateSearchCriteria(BooleanOperation.Or);
        var query = searchCriteria.GroupedOr(new string[] { "nodename", "nodeName", "bodyContent", "altPageTitle"}, searchTerm).Compile();
        var searchResults = searcher.Search(query);
        var noResults = searchResults.Count();

<p> You Searched for <strong><u>@searchTerm</u></strong>, and found @noResults results</p>

<div id="searchMnu">
        <ul>
            @foreach (var result in searchResults)
            {
    list++;   

<li><a href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">@result.Fields["nodeName"]</a></li>
            <li><a href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">@result.Id</a>
               <br/>@Library.Truncate(@Library.StripHtml(result.Fields["bodyContent"]), 300)</li>
            }
        </ul>
        </div>

Anyone ever had this issue ?  i have other site running with examine but they work just fine.

//fuji

Jan 25, 2013 @ 15:43
    Fuji Kusaka

Any help please? ?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 25, 2013 @ 16:37
    Ismail Mayat

Fuji,

Run the query in luke and see what you are getting back see if nodeName is missing for one of the results

Jan 25, 2013 @ 16:52
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Ismail,

How can i be missing nodeName from the results ? Damn i cant use luke from where i am, need to access a local server at office .

Jan 25, 2013 @ 17:21
    Ismail Mayat

You may have one dodgy result in there? Try re publishing the xml then rebuild the index see if that fixes it.

Jan 25, 2013 @ 17:24
    Fuji Kusaka

Well since i cant access the local network from where i am, i instead changed part of code to this

@foreach (var result in searchResults)
            {
                list++;         

dynamic node = new DynamicNode(@result.Id);

<li>@node.Name  <br/> <a href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">@node.Url </a>        
               <br/>@Library.Truncate(@Library.StripHtml(result.Fields["bodyContent"]), 300)</li>

}
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 05:59
    Fuji Kusaka

Wierd i just check my config file and do have nodeName attributes set up but still search crashes

<add Name="nodeName" />
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 09:23
    Ismail Mayat

did you try re publishing the xml and rebuilding the index?

Jan 28, 2013 @ 10:02
    Fuji Kusaka

Yes but still not getting any result from @result.Fields["nodeName"] the other issue am getting is whenever i type Test in the search the script crashes.

Is Test a reserved tex here ? tes, tests, testing works perfectly. 

Jan 29, 2013 @ 05:12
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Ismail,

Finally got it working, what was wrong is that i was actually getting some results from some other property field that was not being displayed. My mistake i guess for not checking if the field was empty or not and if so to display the content and URL.

if (@result.Fields.Keys.Contains("bodyContent"))
                {
                    <li><strong><a href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">@result.Fields["nodeName"]</a></strong>
                    <br/><span><a href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)</a> </span>
                   <br/>@Library.Truncate(@Library.StripHtml(result.Fields["bodyContent"]), 200) </li>
               }
                     else{
                    <li><strong><a href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">@node.Name</a></strong><br/> <span><a href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)</a> </span></li>
                 }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft