Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bart De Meyer 4 posts 54 karma points
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 16:04
    Bart De Meyer

Razor Macro's failing on Newtonsoft.Json.dll version

To include a chat box on our company pages we used SignalR. After installing the new usercontrols to the acceptance machine (copy DLL, usercontrols.ascx, css, ...) all the existing razor templates were failing.

For the chatbox implementation SignalR uses Newtonsoft.Json.dll vsersion 4.5.11.15520. The old DLL we overwritten had version 4.0.3.14202.

I've checked the Umbraco source code (we're using V4.7.0) for any references to the Newtonsoft.Json.dll to try to update the reference but couldn't find one.

The error we receiving while using umbdebugshowtrace=true are all simular and connected to the RazorMacroEngine:

- 'umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeList' does not contain a definition for 'First'

-
    'umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeList' does not contain a definition for 'FirstOrDefault'

Does anyone know where the Newtonsoft.Json.dll is used in the source code? Does anyone has any idea to find out the witch DLL is trying to reference the Newtonsoft.Json.dll? Or how I can trace that?

When restoring the old DLL the razor templates work again but of course the SignalR doesn't work.

Thx

Bart

• Bart De Meyer 4 posts 54 karma points
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 14:29
    Bart De Meyer

I've resolved the problem.

It was appearantly a third party DLL (Twitterizer2.dll) that was referencing the old Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

More info on http://blog.bartdemeyer.be/2013/01/the-hard-search-for-missing-extension-methods-in-umbraco-4-7-0/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft