Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Iseli 150 posts 427 karma points
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 18:58
    Andreas Iseli

(v6) Accessing Macro Parameters in Rendered Action

Hello together

I currently have a macro partial (mvc rendering) that calls a HTML action of my controller and commits two parameters to the Index Action:

@{

Html.RenderAction("Index", "ContactForm", new { mailSubject = Model.MacroParameters["mailSubject"], toMailAddress = Model.MacroParameters["mailAddress"] });

}

Unfortunately when posting back the form (I've used BeginUmbracoForm) the parameters and the macro respectively are no more available. I'm aware that I can use hidden fields or the TempData (Session) to transmit the parameters to the "SendMail" action I've created but I don't like the idea of storing the mail address in a hidden form or even in the session.

Is there a suitable way to access the macro parameters? The PartialViewMacroModel itself does not provide enought information for such a "backward" process.

Or is it even possible to implement my own macro partial view page controller? I've tried that but it seems not to be possible.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 13:05
    Jeroen Breuer

Perhaps this is a bug. Might be good to report it here: http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard#newissue=yes

Jeroen

Feb 18, 2013 @ 13:47
    Andreas Iseli

Hey Jeroen

Perhaps I've written it a bit misunderstandable. I don't think it is a bug though but there is just no way to access macro parameters another way round than through the PartialViewMacroModel object. What we need is a "way back" like a specific macro ID we can access the macros parameter through the current pages (IPublishedContent) object.

Regards

Feb 18, 2013 @ 14:07
    Andreas Iseli

I've posted a feature request now:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1730

Andreas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft