Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 17:17
    Graham Carr

Razor Macro Property Issue

I have a macro called "Boxes" that is calling a Razor script and I have a property on this macro named "ChosenBoxes". On the templates that have this macro added, it is called as such:

<umbraco:Macro ChosenBoxes="[$pageRhsBoxes]" Alias="Boxes" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

Now $pageRhsBoxes is an alias for a custom data type utilising a Multi-Node Tree Picker.

The issue I am having is that if no nodes are selected within the multi-node picker for a particular page, then in my macro code, it is always giving me back node ids for nodes selected within the multi-node picker of a parent page. The code is as follows:

@{
    if(Parameter.ChosenBoxes != "")
    {
    string[] boxIds = Parameter.ChosenBoxes.Split(',');
    if (boxIds.Length > 0)
    {
    foreach (string boxId in boxIds)
    {
    Node box = new Node(Convert.ToInt32(boxId));
    switch (box.NodeTypeAlias)
    {
    case "EnquiryForm":
    @Library.RenderMacro("RHSEnquiryForm");
    break;
    case "RecentNews":
    @Library.RenderMacro("RightRecentNews");
    break;
    case "Downloads":
    @Library.RenderMacro("RightDownloadList");
    break;
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

If I debug the script in Visual Studio, I can see that the ChosenBoxes parameter has IDs even if none have been selected in the multi-node picker.

Has anyone come across this before, or have any ideas as to the cause?

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 17:23
    Graham Carr

I have just found the issue, I was unaware that referencing a paramter with the $ sign makes it recursive whereas referencing with a # takes the page value. All found on the following page:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/templates/umbracomacro-element/macro-parameters/advanced-macro-parameter-syntax

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft