Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristina 33 posts 49 karma points
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 10:46
    Kristina

Send form value and make a new documenttype-item of it

Hello everybody!

I'm new here. I use Umbraco for about 3 months now. I'm a student in Multimedia Writing and I have to do my final paper - a website - with Umbraco. 

I made a gallery, when you click on a picture, it opens with a colorbox, then in the colorbox below the picture you can add a comment (form with text input and submit button). So, in MEDIA I have a documenttype, nay mediatype 'Picture' with an allowed child-documenttype 'Comment'. When somebody wrote a comment and click the submit button I want to save the value of the text input(the comment) as a new mediatype item  'Comment' to be able to show the comments when you click on the picture of the gallery the next time.

I hope my explanation was clear and I hope that someone can help me, it's really important.

Thanks, Kristina

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 15:03
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kristina ))

I think it isn't right way to store comments in Media section.

Your 'MEDIA' - folder in content section ?

THanks,

Alex

Apr 05, 2013 @ 15:20
    Kristina

But all the pictures of a gallery are in the media folder. And I have to assign the comment to the right picture. 

I'll create about 20 galleries with about 20 pictures in each gallery :S

I have no idea how to make it

Apr 05, 2013 @ 15:28
    Kristina

that's my media folder. In 'Galerien' I have for the moment 1 page '1.Mannschaft' (it's german :) ). In this page there are for the moment 2 galleries 'Spiel-HSV-SV' and 'Training'. In the first gallery there are 3 pictures, the first picture has a comment (which I added manually). The pictures are from media type 'image' and the comment from media type 'comment' (which is an allowed child type of 'image')

Apr 05, 2013 @ 15:35
    Alex Skrypnyk

we could talk in skype )) 

alex_footballist ))

Apr 05, 2013 @ 15:38
    Alex Skrypnyk

what umbraco do you use ?

Apr 05, 2013 @ 18:30
    Kristina

Ok, i'll add you on skype

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Apr 06, 2013 @ 15:32
    Charles Afford

Hi,  Do you have the requirment to have the images stored in Umbraco?  If not you could use the flickr api and render them that way.  As Alex says i dont think you want to stored them or the comments in that way.

Apr 06, 2013 @ 15:33
    Charles Afford

The flickr api will let you do all of this fairly simply.  If you need some help, give me a shout :D.  Charlie.

Apr 07, 2013 @ 21:32
    Kristina

I don't have to store the images in Umbraco.. But with Flickr, how does it work? How can I use it with Umbraco? And how can I solve the problem with the comments like this? :S

Apr 07, 2013 @ 22:01
    Charles Afford

Well all i was saying is that in principle you could store them in flickr and then display them in the site using C#, razor.  You would have a class library that would get the all the information from your flickr account I.E your images, comments ect.  And then you would build some functionality to enable users to comment on your umbraco site under each image that would then get save back against that image on your flickr site.  Does that make sense?  Its only one approach it would just save you the over head of storeing images and comments in your umbraco solution.

I have not considered your programming ability or time constraints.  So this may not be an approiote solution.  I will have a think and see if there would be an easier way just using Umbraco :) 

Apr 08, 2013 @ 12:11
    Kristina

Thanks, but I have no time and not enough knowledge to make this. I'll drop it and make a news section with possibility to comment a newsitem. I think it's easier :)

Apr 08, 2013 @ 12:13
    Alex Skrypnyk

No, it's not real to store comments under media section.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft