This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 271 posts 507 karma points
    Apr 11, 2013 @ 01:07
    Meni

Magazine Style site

Hello, 
    I'm new to Umbraco.
    I try to move my magazine to Umbraco and have some questions: 
    In Wordpress for example - it's very easy and convenient to show the posts / articles on home page as I'm use the loop which is like 'structure' in the CMS - what's the alternative for the loop in Umbraco though? I'm using the latest version of Umbraco (6.x) - so hopefully the answer is in Razor...
    So basically what I try to do is 
    1: show the posts / news on homepage by categories, and then in the internal magazine pages (archive) - also by categories (like every other magazine..). How do I do it? Try to find on the web / search - nothing... 
    Could anyone please help me with that? 

The second question is - which is more basic actually... - in WP (again) I just take my current html (when build a template) and instead of put a 'static' text and images inside the elements - <h1> / <h2> / <p> etc I just replace it (the text) with a php code which get the data for each post from the DB - how do I do it in Umbraco?? with .NET controls? with Razor? Didn't find any guide / tutorial to Umbraco 6... (Nor for the previous versions.. )

Actually, if we take an example from existing Umbraco website - it should be like the wired UK which present on the Umbraco project website. 

Thanks!  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft