Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• René Andersen 238 posts 684 karma points
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 11:27
    René Andersen

Only show button if file is uploaded

Hi everybody

I am about to make a website about beer brewing. On some of the beers I upload a recipe as PDF. How do i make a Razor script that only show the "Download recipe" button when a file / PDF is uploaded?
    The code below is what I need to show up when a file / PDF is uploaded:

<a href="@Model.recipe" class="btn btn-inverse btn-medium btn-rounded" target="_blank"><h6>Download recipe</h6></a>

Thanks in advance.

//René

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13631 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 06, 2013 @ 11:45
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Rene,

What an awesome thing to be building a website about! Is your "recipe" property of type upload or is it something else?

If it is of type Upload then it would be like this:

@{
       if (Model.HasValue("recipe")){
           <a href="@Model.recipe" class="btn btn-inverse btn-medium btn-rounded" target="_blank"><h6>Download recipe</h6></a>
       } 
    }

Thanks,

Jeavon

Jun 06, 2013 @ 12:39
    René Andersen

Hi Jeavon,

You have just solved my problem again. :-) It worked perfectly.

If you ever swing by Denmark then give me a hint and I will fill up the fridge with some of my latest brew.

What if the property was something else than upload for example a textstring would that be made the same way?

// René

Jun 06, 2013 @ 12:50
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi René,

Great! I am coming to Denmark on Tuesday for #CG13, will you be there?

Yes, it would be exactly the same way for a text string. If it was a media picker then it would be slightly different as you would need to lookup the Url from the media item.

I would really recommend you take a look at the examples in the documentation for the property editors here Compare TextString to Media Picker for example.

Thanks

Jeavon,

p.s. The other day you were using a Mvc Partial, today you are using a "classic" Razor macro, is there a reason for that?

Jun 06, 2013 @ 13:21
    René Andersen

Hi Jeavon,

Unfortunately not but I will be in Sweden canoeing with my kids. :-)

I will take a look at the examples.

To be honest I am fairly new to Umbraco and Razor and therefore I use some part of the code from examples like "CultivRazorexample" the Mvc part. And the classic Razor is something that i have learned from a friend. I am still learning a lot and my sites keeps changing from the last project to the next.

// René,

Jun 06, 2013 @ 14:11
    Jeavon Leopold

Ah cool, well I would say stick with the Mvc if you can. However, as you have probably found there are a lot more existing samples for "classic" razor macros. There are a load of useful Mvc docs here though.

Jun 06, 2013 @ 14:19
    René Andersen

I will definitely look at the Mvc docs and maybe use it even more in the future.

I really appreciate your help and I hope that you will have a nice trip to Denmark. At the moment the weather is just perfect and the forecast looks promising for next week.

Thanks again!

// René,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft